Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
I found this in BH&G magazine. Perfect for the coming holidays!
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup butter, cut up
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded fresh unpeeled sweet potatoes
- Let eggs and buttermilk stand at room temperature 30 minute
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly coat 9x5x3-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; coat lightly with flour.
- Set aside.
- In bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, allspice, and nutmeg; set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt butter at 10% power (low) for 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until very soft but not melted, checking and rearranging if necessary every 30 seconds.
- Add sugar; whisk until well combined.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla; whisk until well mixed (mixture may look curdled).
- Add flour mixture.
- Whisk until combined.
- Fold in sweet potato.
- Spoon into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake 65-70 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched and split in top appears dry.
- Cool on wire rack 10 minute
- Remove from pan.
- Cool completely, about 2 hours.