Recipe by dicentra
I don't know where I found this one, but it sounds simple and delicious! I bet it would work for OAMC.
- 1 1⁄3 cups thinly sliced leeks, white part only
- 3 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth (or more as needed)
- 4 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 limes, juice of
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put leeks and 1/2 cup veggie broth into a large pot. Bring to a simmer over moderately high heat and cook 1 minute.
- Add sweet potatoes and cook 4 minutes more. Add 6 cups water, reduce heat to medium and cook until sweet potatoes are soft, about 25 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth, adding as much of the additional vegetable broth as you need to make a soup consistency.
- Return to pot and stir in lime juice, salt and pepper to taste. Reheat.
- Serve in warm bowls, garnishing each serving with chopped cilantro, if desired.