Prep 35 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a recipe I found on Southernfood.com. Hope you enjoy it.
Make and share this Sweet Potato Souffle' with Praline Topping recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 2 quart baking dish.
- Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, boil potatoes in water to cover until tender.
- Drain and cool slightly; peel and quarter potatoes.
- In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, butter, sugars, salt, vanilla, cinnamon, eggs and milk.
- Beat to combine.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- To make topping, combine brown sugar, pecans, flour and butter in a small mixing bowl.
- Mix until crumbly.
- Sprinkle mixture over potato mixture.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and slightly firm.
made souffle for a thanksgiving potluck at work and it was a HUGE hit. everyone enjoyed it and many wanted the recipe. very tasty, thanks for sharing. will make again!!!
MY FAVORITE THANKSGIVING TREAT!!!! To make it a little easier, I bake the sweet potatoes first (they're so hard to cut). After they're baked, I mix them in just like the rest, then as a topping when I'm in a hurry, I just go for the marshmallows - I tear them in half & line the top. I know the nut stuff is better, but mallows are faster :)
This was great!!! Though I replaced the 1/2 cup milk, for condensed sweetened milk... and then used walnuts instead of pecans (but only because they were cheaper).