Recipe by slclemons
It's warm taste that could be a dessert or a side dish. Normally, I serve at Thanksgiving and Christmas but it's just as enjoyable anytime of the year
- 4 large sweet potatoes (size of your hand large)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup canned milk
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, to taste
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, to taste
- 1 cup small marshmallow
- 1⁄2 cup small marshmallow
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes by microwaving them until soft.
- Cool and peel.
- Mash and add butter first then can milk, sugars, nutmeg, cinnamon and lastly the 1 cup of marshmallows.
- Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes or until edges turn brown.
- After the casserole has completely cooled AND NOT BEFORE, add the remaining 1/2 cup of marshmallows on top and bake again for about 15 minutes or until the marshmallows on top are slightly brown.
- NOTE: THE MIXTURE CAN BE MADE A DAY IN ADVANCE but set out on counter to get room temperature then add the 1/2 cup of marshmallows on top and bake again for about 15 minutes or until the marshmallows on top are slightly brown.
- Enjoy as a side dish or dessert.