Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My family LOVES pumpkin and sweet potatoes a lot, especially around the holidays:). Once while making holiday pies, I mixed the pumpkin and sweet potatoes together. WAA LAA a new yummy pie.
- 1 (29 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 1 (30 ounce) can sweet potatoes, may use fresh cooked mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 4 large eggs or 1 cup egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar or 3⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar (sugar substitute) or 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup or 1⁄3 cup a good quality pancake syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 deep dish pie shells or 4 regular pie crusts
- Cool Whip or whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, to serve with pie
- Mash sweet potatoes well.
- In a large bowl combine and mix well pumpkin, sweet potatoes, milk, eggs, spices, vanilla, sugars, and syrup.
- Mix until thick ,creamy and well combined.
- Pour into pie crusts.
- Place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 425°F oven for 15 minutes.
- Then lower temperature to 350°F and bake for 45 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven cool completely.
- Serve with Cool-Whip, ice cream, and/or whip cream.