1 hr 15 mins
Jill22 #2's Note:
My family LOVES pumpkin and sweet potatoes a lot, especially around the holidays:). Once while making holiday pies, I mixed the pumpkin and sweet potatoes together. WAA LAA a new yummy pie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (29 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 1 (30 ounce) can sweet potatoes, may use fresh cooked mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 4 large eggs or 1 cup egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar or 3/4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1/2 cup white sugar (sugar substitute) or 1/2 cup Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or 1/3 cup a good quality pancake syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 deep dish pie shells or 4 regular pie crusts
- Cool Whip or whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, to serve with pie
- 1Mash sweet potatoes well.
- 2In a large bowl combine and mix well pumpkin, sweet potatoes, milk, eggs, spices, vanilla, sugars, and syrup.
- 3Mix until thick ,creamy and well combined.
- 4Pour into pie crusts.
- 5Place on a cookie sheet.
- 6Bake in a preheated 425°F oven for 15 minutes.
- 7Then lower temperature to 350°F and bake for 45 minutes longer.
- 8Remove from oven cool completely.
- 9Serve with Cool-Whip, ice cream, and/or whip cream.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato-Pumpkin Pie
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.8
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 70.2 mg
- Sodium 218.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 32.1 g
- Protein 7.5 g