- 1 pie shell (9 1/2 to 10-inch)
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, cooked, mashed (3 medium)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg, grated
- to taste whipped cream (for garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whip butter into mashed sweet potatoes.
- Beat eggs and blend with potato mixture. Mix in evaporated milk, brown sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Pour mixture into pie shell and bake at 375 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream or Cool Whip.