Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I found this recipe in The Ultimate Bread Machine Cookbook. It has a sweet touch without all the sugar.
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast
- 3 cups bread flour
- 4 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 pinches nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons powdered milk
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3⁄4 cup sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons dark raisins
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
- Place all ingredients in machine as per your machines order and instruction.
- Push start.
- Use raisin bread cycle, adding fruit and nuts at beep.
I had to add a lot of oatmeal (3 cups?) to this to keep it doughy instead of runny. But it turned out great!
Just made this for company and everyone loved it, even the kids. I omitted the nuts and raisens for the baby.