Prep 0 mins
Cook 4 mins
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup cooked sweet potato, peeled and chopped or roughly mashed
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup milk (or more)
- sour cream
- PLACE SWEET POTATOES in a mixing bowl, add egg and mix well.
- Stir in the flour and add the baking powder.
- Add up to 1/3 cup of milk, stirring.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon butter.
- The mixture should have the consistency of thick, lumpy sauce and be able to coat a wooden spoon.
- Place a non-stick or heavy iron skillet over medium heat on top of the stove and add 1/2 teaspoon butter.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of batter per pancake into the skillet and cook until bubbles rise to the surface of the pancakes and break, about 1-2 minutes .
- Using a spatula, flip the pancakes and cook another 2 minutes.
- Remove pancakes from the skillet and keep warm on a covered plate in the oven.
- Repeat the procedure until all the pancakes are cooked.
- After the first batch is cooked, add as little butter as possible without allowing the pancakes to stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Serve with sour cream.
- Makes 12 small pancakes.
The pancakes were okay, kind of flavorless and on the heavy side. I think I'd either add a pinch of salt or some sugar (possibly brown) depending on what else I'm serving them with. I didn't have any sour cream, so I had them with honey instead. Not bad at all. :)
Very good recipe.Easy to make,and good eating.