Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
This soup goes along way. Absolutely Delicious!! You can get about 10 servings from this fabulous simple soup. I hope you enjoy :) Make Ahead Directions Below. Canadian Living Magazine.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons gingerroot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon mild curry paste or 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 6 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and diced (about 2lbs)
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 5 cups chicken or 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander or 2 tablespoons green onions or 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- in large saucepan, heat oil over low heat, cook onions, celery and ginger until tender, about 4 minutes. add curry paste cook stirring for 1 minute.
- add potatoes, apples and stock, bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 25 minutes. add coconut milk, heat through, about 5 minutes.
- in batches, transfer to blender or food processor, or use immersion blender puree. season with salt and pepper.
- to serve stir in lime juice, garnish with coriander.
- Make Ahead Directions:.
- refrigerate until cool, refrigerate in airtight container for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 3 weeks. Thaw in refrigerator for 24 hours, reheat gently.
Wowwwww! I made this soup last night and it was amazing! I added a teaspoon of Splenda to make the sweetness of the sweet potato pop and the whole can of coconut milk instead of 1 c.. Over all one of the best takes on sweet potato soup I have tried.Thanks for this one!