Recipe by Chef mariajane
The streusel is both stirred into the casserole and sprinkled on top - just a little different recipe that I'm sure you will enjoy!!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and halved (about 2 1/2 lbs)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk, fat-free
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a smal bowl, stirring to form a streusel. Set aside.
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; add water to cover. Bring to a boil; cover, recuce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until very tender. Drain well; mash in a large bowl. Stir in 1 cup streusel, granulated sugar, vanilla, egg white, and milk, Spoon into a 2-quart casserole coated with cooking spray; top with remaining streusel.
- Bake at 350F for 45 minutes.