Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Great for Autumn and Winter gatherings.
Make and share this Sweet Potato Casserole with Pineapple recipe from Food.com.
- 6 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- miniature marshmallow
- Place potatoes in 8-10 quart saucepot; add water to cover; bring to boil over high heat.
- Lower heat to simmer and cook, covered, 15-20 minutes, or until tender.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Drain potatoes thoroughly, then mash until smooth.
- Beat in butter, milk, pineapple, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon into 9"x13" baking dish or 3 quart casserole; top with marshmallows.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until marshmallows have lightly browned.
- Note: Casserole may be prepared in advance and set aside or refrigerated until baking time; in that case, baking time must be increased so potatoes will heat through, and marshmallows should not be added until last 15 minutes of baking time.
This was really good. I baked the sweetpotatoes in the microwave instead of peeling and boiling them. Once they were cooked through, they just slip out of their skins and are easy to mash. I also added cinnamon and nutmeg. My marshmallows didn't brown but it didn't affect the taste. They probably would have browned if I could have left it in the oven longer.