Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a recipe my daughter sent me a couple of years ago, we both love sweet potato casseroles & she asked me to try this one, i just loved it so much, now i make it quite often, especially around the Holiday's, it really makes a big hit.
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes (cooked)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (or margerine)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- Mix potato mixture together and put in a large casserole dish (spray w/spam) Mix topping ingredients together and crumble over top of potatoes so that all potatoes are covered.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes--.
Family agreed this was the best ever. I added chunks of fresh pineapple and just covered the top with miniature marshmallows instead of the pecan topping.
Have been making this for many years and it is the only way my family will eat sweet potatoes. Very yummy!