Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
I was doing a project on cajun and creole food, so I invested in some help from Susan Merrick who owns and operates cajun-country-foods.com. She helped me out with these recipes!! So I want to thank her!
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup of chopped nuts (optional)
- In a saucepan over low heat stir the sweet potatoes until thoroughly heated.
- Remove from heat and cream well.
- In a bowl mix together the remaining ingredients and add the mixture to the potatoes. Pour the mixture into a pie pan.
- In a small saucepan melt the margarine, on low heat and add the remaining topping ingredients, stir until throughly heated and mixed well.
- Pour the topping over the potatoes.
- Bake the casserole, uncovered, at 350 degrees F. for 35 minutes.