Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I came up with this recipe using a combination of recipes from a cookbook called "Calling All Cooks Two". This is one of my families favorites for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. I make two at a time, so I can cook one for Thanksgiving and freeze one for Christmas; saving precious holiday time with my family.
- 4 cups cooked sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- Using a large bowl mash sweet potatoes.
- Add sugar, orange juice,spices and milk.
- Beat eggs and add to sweet potato mixture.
- Spread in a buttered casserole dish.
- For the crumbled topping:.
- melt 1/2 stick butter and mix well with the flour, chopped pecans and brown sugar.
- Spread this topping over the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes.