Recipe by Juenessa
This is a great casserole with a wonderful pecan streusel topping.
Top Review by Buzymomof3
Good sweet potato flavor, not too sweet. Topping was decent, my nuts were off. Think maybe I should have cooked it 10 minutes longer or put it closer to the heat. If you're looking for a recipe with good natural flavors, this is it. Thanks Juenessa!
- 4 1⁄2 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together mashed sweet potatoes, 1/2 cup butter, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs.
- Spread sweet potato mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar and flour.
- Cut in 1/3 cup butter until mixture is crumbly, then stir in pecans.
- Sprinkle pecan mixture over the sweet potatoes.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.