Top Review by liz.mulder
This is the best!! I did omit the sugar! But I got so many compliments on it i made it for Christmas and Thanksgiving this past year!! I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to make it for Easter also! But it was amazing!!
- 2 lbs fresh sweet potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup butter (melted)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (you may wish to omit)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3⁄4 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the sweet potatoes but do not peel them.
- Bake whole in a baking dish at 350°F for an hour.
- Once baked, cut in half and remove from skin.
- Mash with fork or potato masher, then mix in all other casserole ingredients.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes in a 9x13x2-inch pan.
- Meanwhile, mix the topping ingredients.
- Put topping on and bake 10 minutes more.
- (Original source unknown).