Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a casserole dish that I make for the holidays. It always goes over well, especially with the ladies.
- 2 large white potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium yam, peeled and sliced
- 6 slices bacon, cut in small pieces
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- In casserole dish alternately lay slices of potatoes and yams.
- Set aside.
- In small pan melt butter.
- Add bacon and onion.
- Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add brown sugar, spices, and milk.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Place foil on top of casserole and bake at 375 degree for 45 minutes.
It has a good sweet and salted balanced taste. Makes a nice sweet potato dish without all the mess of the marshmallow sweet type recipes for yams. I might try dicing/chunking the potatoes and the yam the next time to allow the sauce flavor to be better absorbed and to make potatoes turn out completely moist.