Recipe by Mrs. Pool
This recipe came from Farm Journal's Country Cookbook. I am planning on making these and some pumpkin biscuits this Sunday.
Top Review by Patric
Wonderful! I made these with yams and hard margarine as the shortening. Because of their colour and richness, they taste like they are made with cheese! I didn't have a 2" press handy so I just free formed these and they still worked out great. This is a recipe I will make over and over. I'm thinking of adding some chopped chives and a dash of garlic next time! Thank you so much for sharing!!!
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 cup cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift the dry ingredients together.
- Then cut in the shortning.
- Stir in the sweet potatoes.
- Pour in just enough milk to make a soft dough.
- Knead the dough lightly.
- On a floured board, roll the dough until it is 3/4" thick.
- Use a floured, 2" bicuit cutter to cut out aproximately 15 biscuits.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place on a ungreased baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.