Recipe by firstname.lastname@example.org
I haven't made this, since Dec. 2000, but when I did, it went over great. Makes a large amount. You can cut this recipe in half if you so desire. It still tastes great.
- 2 (58 ounce) cans sweet potatoes in light syrup, drained
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon extract
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecan halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash sweet potatoes.
- Stir in sugar, 1/2 cup melted butter, eggs, vanilla and milk until smooth.
- Pour into 9 X 13 inch baking dish and spread evenly.
- For topping:.
- In a separate bowl, combine 1/3 cup melted butter.
- Brown sugar and flour.
- Stir in pecans.
- Spread topping evenly over potatoes.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes until top is golden and potatoes are hot and bubbly.