1/3 Photos of Sweet Potato and Yuca Oven Fries
1 hr 15 mins
These oven baked fries are very flavorful. Fresh yuca (cassava) is really hard to peel so this recipe calls for frozen yucca. If you can't find frozen yucca, just use more sweet potatoes. Recipe is from Ingrid Hoffmann.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- olive oil, divided (more if needed)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander, divided
- coarse sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 -2 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 4 inch long and 1/4-1/2 inch thick fries
- 8 ounces cassava (buy 8 oz frozen yuca)
- sour cream, for dipping (optional)
- sweet chili sauce, for dipping (optional)
- 1Set one oven rack to the upper-middle position and one to the lower-middle position. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- 2Put the sweet potato fries in a large bowl and toss with 1 T of the olive oil, 1/4 t of the chile powder, 1/4 t of the coriander and some salt and pepper. Transfer the fries to a baking sheet and bake on the lower-middle rack until the sweet potato fries start to shrivel, about 20 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add the yucca and cook until tender, about 25 minutes, and then drain. Once the yucca is cool enough to handle, cut it into 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick fries.
- 4Place the yuca fries in the large bowl and toss them with the remaining 1 T olive oil (add more if needed to coat them) and remainder of the chile powder, ground coriander and some more salt and pepper. Transfer the yuca to the second baking sheet. Move the sweet potatoes to the upper-middle rack and place the yuca on the lower-middle rack and bake for 10 minutes. Then turn both the sweet potatoes and yuca over and bake until golden crisp, 5 to 10 minutes more.
- 5Serve accompanied by a bowl of sour cream and bowl of sweet chile sauce for dipping, if you like.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato and Yuca Oven Fries
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 80.6
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 20.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 0.9 g