Dinner will be ready in a flash! These are so tasty and wonderfully healthy. High in protein and low in fat. You can also use black beans or cannelini beans. I found this recipe on the internet and altered it to my liking.
- 6 sweet potatoes, peeled, cooked, and mashed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 12 (10 inch) wheat flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet, and saute onion and garlic until soft.
- Stir in beans, and mash.
- Gradually stir in water, and heat until warm.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the chili powder, cumin, mustard, cayenne pepper and soy sauce.
- Divide bean mixture and mashed sweet potatoes evenly between the warm flour tortillas.
- Top with cheese and roll up the filled tortillas burrito style, and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven, and serve.
- Serve with sour cream, chopped green onions and salsa.