1/1 Photo of Sweet Potato and Kidney Bean Burrito
Dinner will be ready in a flash! These are so tasty and wonderfully healthy. High in protein and low in fat. You can also use black beans or cannelini beans. I found this recipe on the internet and altered it to my liking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 sweet potatoes, peeled, cooked, and mashed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 12 (10 inch) wheat flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Heat oil in a large skillet, and saute onion and garlic until soft.
- 3Stir in beans, and mash.
- 4Gradually stir in water, and heat until warm.
- 5Remove from heat, and stir in the chili powder, cumin, mustard, cayenne pepper and soy sauce.
- 6Divide bean mixture and mashed sweet potatoes evenly between the warm flour tortillas.
- 7Top with cheese and roll up the filled tortillas burrito style, and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- 8Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven, and serve.
- 9Serve with sour cream, chopped green onions and salsa.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato and Kidney Bean Burrito
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.7
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 9.8 mg
- Sodium 1145.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 15.7 g