Kidney Bean Burritos
- Ready In:
- 16 ounces kidney beans, Drained
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, Chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red peppers or 1/2 cup green pepper, Diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup whole kernel corn
- 32 inches flour tortillas
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, Shredded
- 1 cup salsa
- Place kidney beans in a medium bowl. Mash to desired consistency.
- Coat a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add oil & place over medium heat until hot. Add onion, red bell pepper & garlic & saute 5 minute OR until onion is tender.
- Stir in Cumin, Coriander & White Pepper. Cook 1 min, and remove from heat.
- Add onion mixture & corn to beans. Stir well.
- Divide bean mixture evenly among tortillas, spreading to edges.
- Sprinkle 3 T. cheese down center of each tortilla.
- Roll up; place seam side down on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 for 5 minute or until thoroughly heated. Spoon salsa over burritos. Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a writer, chief cook and bottle washer, GS leader, hunter of bargains and all-around domestic goddess. I love trying new recipes, and my daughters refer to Alton Brown as "Mom's boyfriend." I read voraciously, to the detriment of the hypothetical cleanliness of my house. I think white chocolate should be illegal, since it's not chocolate. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">