Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
I have yet to try them, but we'll see how they turn out!
- 1 small green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup 2% mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon horseradish
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 1 plum tomato, thinly sliced
- In a large non-stick skillet, saute peppers, onion, and garlic in oil until crisp and tender. Drizzle with vinegar; toss to coat.
- Combine the mayonnaise and horseradish, and spread onto the top of your choice of sandwich roll.
- Spoon veggie mixture on the bottom half of roll, then coat with 1/4 cup cheese.
- Broil 4-6inches from the heat for 2-4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with basil leaves and tomato.
- Replace roll tops and enjoy.
Second time around I used some extra portobello mushrooms I had, and only two bell peppers (they didn't have much at the store) and it turned out great. I also only used 1/3 cup of mayonnaise, and still had too much. ------ Pretty good. May use less mayonnaise next time, but it will be around again in the next month or so.