Recipe by sugarpea
If you're watching your fat intake, or even if you're not this is very low in fat, delicious and beautiful. And it doesn't turn black. Works with anything avocado guacamole works with. Try it with Southwestern Potato Chips.
Top Review by Koechin (Chef)
Very good! easy to prepare and I love the fact, that it tastes like the "Real" thing", but stays beautifully bright green! I did add some Chunky Salsa as I do with guacamole as well. Thanks for posting. Koechin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 bunch cilantro, no long stems
- 1 jalapenos or 2 serrano chilies, seeded
- 1 lb frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 medium red onion, finely diced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor, process onion until finely diced; remove and set aside.
- Add oil, lime juice, cilantro and pepper until roughly pureed.
- Add peas, cumin and salt; blend until smooth, there will still be a few lumps, leave them.
- Remove mixture to bowl and stir in onion.