From Emeril - to go with delicious five spice spare ribs. Makes a great dipping sauce for the ribs - and so easy to make!
- 2 (14 ounce) bottles tomato ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Process in a blender or food processor until smooth - about 15 seconds.
- Scrape down sides and pulse two or three times more.
- Will keep in the fridge up to two weeks.
My Dear ChefWally; Well, this sauce really made the Chinese Five Spice Ribs. I added more garlic, a bit more Hot Sauce, and about 1 teaspoon of lime zest along with all of your ingredients. Loved the flavor and the spiceness of the sauce. Thank you so much for your posting of these recipes. Best Regards, "Uncle Bill" Bill Anatooskin My email addy: email@example.com
Wonderful bbq sauce! I also made half the recipe, it was plenty for our ribs. I love the flavor of orange in the background (I also added some orange zest!) We like our sauce sweet and spicy so I doubled the cayenne, even though I only made half of the recipe!! It was perfect! Thank you Chef Wally!!
I reduced the ingredients to make half and had more than enough for the 4 chicken breasts I was grilling. We really enjoyed the flavors here...sweet with a touch of spicy heat. Thank you Wally!!!