Recipe by cook1000000
Top Review by HokiesMom
This was a real treat for my family for Easter Sunday. I used almonds in place of the walnuts as they love almonds so much. It has a nice flavor with the addition of the cinnamon and nutmeg - my kids really dug into them. I did use an 8-cup glass measure and did all the cooking in the microwave instead of on top of the stove. Turned out well getting the sugar mixture to the firm ball state quickly and then adding the nuts before spreading. I do the same with brittles I make so this was simplest for me. Thanks for sharing this recipe! Made for Pick A Chef Event Spring 2009.
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached cane sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups walnut halves (or pecan)
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ingredients in a non-stick (not teflon) coated.
- skillet. Heat mixture to 240 F degrees (firm-ball stage).
- Fold in nuts until coated with sugar mixture. Bring.
- mixture to boiling. Stir constantly. Sugar mixture will.
- start to form strands when stirred. Spread nuts on.
- cooking spray oiled cookie sheet. Cool. Place in covered.