Recipe by KitchenHacker
Something thrown together one evening for something different to do with pork chops.. Goes well with white rice or Wild Rice Rice-A-Roni..
- 4 large boneless pork chops, about 3/4 - 1 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks (Drained, Reserve juice)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (As needed)
- 3 tablespoons warm water
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim pork chops of excess fat.
- In a covered skillet, brown pork chops in butter and olive oil.
- Drain and seperate pineapple chunks from juice, reserving juice.
- Mix reserved juice, vinegar, and brown sugar until sugar is dissolved.
- When pork chops have browned, add pineapple chunks and juice mixture to pan, cover, reduce heat to medium low and simmer until tender (about 30 minutes).
- When chops are tender, remove from pan and cover to keep warm.
- Mix corn starch with warm water and thicken remaining juice mixture, adjusting thickness as desired.
- Plate chops and top with thickened sauce.