Recipe by Tabby Bartley
I make these at work and home, always a hit if you love lemon!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Fortunately I made these for a small group, 'cause they're sweet & tart, & I'd have been eating them all if they were around very long! I didn't dust with powdered sugar, however! Easy to prepare, resulting in nice tasting lemon bars! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]
- 1 1⁄8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, 1/3 cup of confectioners' sugar, and butter until butter is in very small crumbs. Press into the bottom of a 11x7 inch pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm and lightly browned.
- While the crust is baking, whisk together the eggs, 2/3 cup of confectioners' sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest in a medium bowl. Just before the crust is done, stir in the baking powder. Pour over the crust while it is hot, and return to the oven.
- Bake for another 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until set. When cool dust with remaining confectioners' sugar. Cut into squares.