Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from Mehungry98 on Allrecipes.com and was titled Chili Burgers. To me, a chili burger is smothered in the bean/meat/chili powder stuff and is almost impossible to eat by hand. This recipe is NOTHING like that, so I renamed it Sweet Italian Burgers. Ground beef and sweet Italian sausage are mixed with the tomato based chili sauce, like the one used to make cocktail sauce. The result is a juicy, mouth watering, savory burger that,omg, is simply amazing. It's way to hard to compare it to any other burger. I don't know just how Italian this is, but the name is now more appropriate.
- 1. Preheat grill on high. Lightly oil grates.
- 2. In a medium bowl, gently mix beef, sausage, chili sauce, salt and pepper.
- 3. Form meat mixture into 4 to 8 patties, depending on how big you like them. Flatten into patties.
- 4. Grill 5 minutes per side or until done.
- 5. Serve on buns with what ever you like, but I like mine straight up with nothing on them. The meat is THAT GOOD!
- Note* You may add more chili sauce if you like, but do not increase the amount of Italian sausage. It will greatly alter the taste and turn this into a different burger entirely.