Sweet Potato Black Bean Burger
photo by WKernan
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄8 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 1⁄2 medium sweet potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 0.75 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- 1⁄4 of a lime, juice of
- buns or lettuce wrap
- lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, radishes
- Cook sweet potatoes in 400 degree oven, cut side down for 30 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are baking, make the chili lime mayo. In a small bowl, mix together the mayo, chili garlic sauce and lime juice. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add salt, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, oregano, cumin powder and black pepper. Mix together and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add black beans and cooked sweet potatoes. Mash until consistency is only slightly chunky. Some beans will be completely mashed and others will not. This will help create a nice texture.
- Add in cooked quinoa and spices. Mix together with hands and form into 8 burger patties, about 1/3 cup of mixture each.
- Place burger patties on a large baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Spray with olive oil and bake in 400 degree oven for 20 minutes. Flip over, spray other side with olive oil and bake for another 10 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Sales Manger Like to cook healthy foods with fresh ingredients.