Recipe by Another cuppa?
A recipe I've logged down and not yet tried. Looks good though, and would be great after an Asian themed party or just if you are looking for a sweet treat which is a little different.
- 75 g sugar
- 100 g red bean paste (plain)
- 50 g desiccated coconut
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 3 tablespoons cornflour
- icing sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok and add the sugar, coconut and bean paste. Fry for 4 minutes until the sugar has melted and the paste has a smooth texture. Continue to fry for a couple more minutes then leave aside to cool.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff and add to the sieved plain flour and cornflour until a smooth batter is formed. Beat this mixture.
- Clean the wok and heat enough oil to fry the dumplings. With the bean paste mixture, you can make approx 10-12 even-sized balls. Dip these into the batter evenly and deep fry in the wok for 3-4 minutes until golden and crisp. Drain on kitchen paper as you fry more.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving, or try using your favourite syrup. (I'm gunna try with chocolate when I get the chance!).