Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
Just saw this on Paula's Home cooking with Paul Deen.
- 1 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- 8 slices white bread, cut 1/2-inch thick
- 2 bananas, sliced lengthwise
- 16 marshmallows, cut in halves
- butter, softened
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the grill to medium-low.
- Heat hazelnut spread, so that it lightly coats the back of a spoon.
- Spread all slices of bread with a thin layer of hazelnut spread.
- Apply banana slices to 4 pieces of bread and marshmallows to the remaining 4 pieces.
- Take 1 slice of bread with banana, and 1 with marshmallows and press them together, making a sandwich. Repeat.
- Apply a light layer of butter to each side of the sandwiches.
- Place each sandwich on the pre-heated grill for 2 minutes per side.
- Once cooked, cut each sandwich in half on the diagonal.
- Put sandwiches on a platter and dust with powdered sugar.
Yummy!! This tastes so amazing!! I was looking for a recipe containing hazelnut spread and decided to try this on my Sunday Morning Breakfast. I just made it for me. I used 2 slices of light bread, half a banana (sliced lengthwise in 3), and 4 marshmallows (halved). Then, I put a tsp of real butter on a skillet and placed my panini. I will be adding this to my cheating breakfasts :) Thanks!