Recipe by DazzaLeft
This is my mums recipe. Lamb works well but beef is best. Apricot jam can also be used in place of fig jam. Obviously if you have stock on hand you can substitute it for the water and stock cube. I don't measure the curry powder but use somewhere about 1 tablespoon of mild stuff. Serve with rice.
- butter (for frying)
- 1 onion, sliced
- curry powder
- 1 apple, peeled and sliced (granny smith)
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fig jam
- 3 -4 cups roast, meat chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 beef stock cube
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry onion in butter until just softened.
- Add curry powder and cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add apple, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add banana, cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring.
- Add sugar and jam, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add meat, water and crumbled stock cube and simmer, stirring until thick.