Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon diet margarine
- sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons parsley
- Bring water to boil in saucepan.
- Add salt and carrots.
- Cover pan and cook until water is evaporated (about 5 minutes).
- Remove from heat.
- Add margarine and sugar substitute to taste.
- Toss with lemon juice and parsley.
- Serve immediately.
These were not bad,However they were not sweet.
These had wonderful flavor. I was doubtful about the texture beings the carrots were to be shredded, but they turned out wonderfully.
These were very nice and I left off the sugar. I was worried about burning them so I cooked them a little longer over a low flame, about 10 mins I think.