Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
fried or grilled sweet with honey wings
- 3 lbs chicken wings (12 to 14)
- 6 cups vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup hot sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- Season chicken over night with hot sauce and Cayenne pepper.
- In a large (5- to 6-quart) deep heavy kettle heat 6 cups oil until a deep-fat thermometer registers 375°F Carefully lower wings into oil and fry, until cooked through, golden, and crisp, 5 to 8 minutes. With a slotted spoon transfer wings to paper towels to drain. Pat dry and fry remaining wings in same manner, returning oil to 380°F between batches.
- If grilling, oil grill and cook 7 ot 10 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- In a large skillet melt butter over heat and stir in hot sauce, vinegar, Honey, brown sugar. Cook until it starts to boil. Add fried wings and toss to coat.