Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I grew up eating these apple fritters. They are shaped like a pancake and sprinkled in cinnamon-sugar. We always had this with dinner as a side dish. They are also easy to make for a crowd since you can fry them up in advance and then pop them into the oven just before dinner.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with milk, salt and sugar.
- Add flour and baking powder to egg mixture and mix until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Peel and core apples.
- Slice 1/4 to 1/2" thick so that they are shaped liked doughnuts with the core hole in the center of each slice.
- Squeeze lemon juice over apples.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Dip apples in batter and let excess drip off, then brown on each side in skillet.
- Lay on a cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until soft.
good and easy
Oh Karen, these were wonderful! I used to have them all the time while my sister and I were growing up. I used Splenda Sugar Substitute and we sprinkled them with confectioner's sugar, Thanks for the memories, Diane :)
These were fun and different. I made a half recipe on a night my DH and DS were not home, for just DD and myself. She just loves anything apple, so of course she just loved these. I did put a lot more oil in my pan than suggested...basically made sure that I had about 1/4 inch of hot oil in the pan. I only baked them in the oven for 20 minutes, and they seemed quite soft and done.