Recipe by toosharps
This is my new favorite salsa recipe. When you first taste it, it's sweet and then the spice hits you. Instead of the fresh tomatoes you can use whole, canned tomatoes.
- 1⁄3 cup jalapeno, sliced
- 32 ounces roma tomatoes, quartered
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons seasoning, mix (Cookie's preferred)
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 ounces chopped green chilies
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the ingredients in a blender in the order given - jalapenos on the bottom, tomatoes next, etc.
- Pulse for one second at at time.
- Take a wooden spoon and mix ingreditents then pulse again until blended, but not too long where it will turn to liquid.
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!