Prep 24 hrs
Cook 30 mins
An alternative to traditional buffalo wings - these wings have an Asian flavor, and are great for picnics, potlucks, and parties. The time includes marinating time.
- 4 lbs chicken wings
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 cups rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried red peppers
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Combine all marinade ingredients in food processor.
- Mix marinade with chicken wings and marinate 24 hours.
- Bake wings for 20 minutes, or broil or grill.
- Whisk together glaze ingredients; bring to a boil and simmer until the sauce is reduced by 1/2 (~25minutes) Toss the wings with hot glaze and sprinkle with macadamia nuts.
I used brown sugar for this. While the recipe calls for chopped macadamia nuts I think it would have been a bit better had the nuts been more finely chopped. I also used the "juice" off of pickled ginger in place of part of the rice vinegar in the glaze.