Recipe by MizzNezz
The meat cook up nice and tender, in a delicious sauce.
Top Review by Braunda
This is a wonderful recipe...I put it in the crockpot.I fried the stew meat in a pan..put in the crockpot and added everythings else and let it go on low for about 3hrs or so.I was not in no big hurry for dinner..the smell was wonderful. I served it over rice. Thank You
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs stew meat, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 medium carrots, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in bag; add meat pieces and shake to coat.
- In lg skillet, brown meat in hot oil.
- Mix water, catsup, brown sugar, vinegar and worcestershire sauce.
- Stir into the meat.
- Add the onion.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add carrots and simmer for another 30 minutes.