Prep 1 hr
Cook 48 hrs
When I think of this dish, I have very fond memories of my mom making it for me when I was little. My sister and I loved it! Great served over rice or plain noodles. A nice dish to make in the morning, and slow roast all day.
- 3 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 1 green pepper (diced)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 (14 ounce) can pineapple chunks (reserve juice)
- 15 -20 fresh mushrooms (cut in half)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup soya sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- salt and pepper
- Mix ground beef, egg and bread crumbs.
- Roll into small meatballs and fry in a little oil.
- Drain meatballs when done and place in bottom of large roasting pan. Repeat until all meat is made into meatballs.
- Add onion, peppers, pineapple and mushrooms to roasting pan.
- Combine pineapple juice, ketchup, soya sauce, vinegar and cornstarch in container with lid and shake well. Once cornstarch is disolved pour sauce mixture over meatballs and veggies.
- Toss to coat.
- Bake in oven for approximately 2 hours, at 325°F.
- Great served over rice, or noodles.