Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My family love the sweet and sour flavour of these meatballs...and its easy to make.
- 1 kg ground beef
- 1 egg
- 2 packets dry onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cornflour
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce
- 1 (400 g) can crushed pineapple, reserve juice
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- Mix together ground beef, soup, egg and salt and pepper together in large bowl.
- Form into tiny balls.
- Roll in cornflour.
- Heat oil in pan and brown meatballs.
- Place in casserole dish.
- Sauce- Place cornflour, soya sauce, pineapple juice, brown sugar and vinegar in a saucepan.
- Bring to boil stirring contstantly.
- Add pineapple.
- Add to meatballs and heat through in mod oven.
- Nice served with rice.
Thanks Eve. This will become a firm favourite in our household. For an even quicker way I just poured the sauce (after making it in a pot) over the browned meatballs in the pan and simmered on low heat til I was ready to serve over rice. Cheers.
very good, very easy. I used frozen meatballs and heated them in the microwave to thaw then added with pineapple. Thanks