Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
A delicious slow cooker recipe!
- 1 (12 ounce) package shell macaroni
- 2 lbs beef round steak or 2 lbs chuck, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef bouillon, soup plus
- 1 (10 ounce) can water
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled, 3/4 " diagonal slices
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 large green pepper, cut in 1-inch squares
- Brown meat and onion in hot oil in skillet.
- Transfer to cooker.
- Add all vegetables.
- (Carrots should come near top.).
- Mix all remaining ingredients and pour over meat and vegetables.
- Cook 6-7 hours on low setting or 4 hours on high.
- Lastly thicken with 2 T cornstarch, dissolved in 1/4 c cold water.
- Serve with cooked, drained and buttered large shell macaroni.