Recipe by Julesong
I based this recipe on an appetizer I'd tasted from a caterer - it was so good I had to make it myself. :) This'll be a hit at parties all year long! Prep time includes chilling for the salsa (which is good all by itself, by the way).
- 3⁄4 cup fresh raspberries or 3⁄4 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed & drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped roasted red pepper (from the jar is fine)
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons red onions, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup seeded and crushed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs brie cheese, wheel or wedge,at room temperature
- 1 (6 ounce) bag honey-roasted almonds, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the salsa ingredients in a small saucepan and simmer together over medium low heat, stirring gently, for only 3 to 5 minutes to incorporate the flavors, then remove and chill for at least 90 minutes (you can make this the day before, as well).
- Use a sharp knife to skim and remove the soft white layer from the top of the brie.
- Place brie on a microwave-safe serving dish and microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute, depending on the power of your appliance, to soften the cheese (be careful- you don't want it to be runny).
- Pour the chilled raspberry salsa over the entire top, letting it run down the sides.
- Sprinkle the chopped honey roasted almonds over the top, serve with crackers or bread rounds, and enjoy!