1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 30 mins
I based this recipe on an appetizer I'd tasted from a caterer - it was so good I had to make it myself. :) This'll be a hit at parties all year long! Prep time includes chilling for the salsa (which is good all by itself, by the way).
My Private Note
batch a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries or 3/4 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed & drained
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red pepper (from the jar is fine)
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons red onions, finely minced
- 1/4 cup seeded and crushed tomato
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs brie cheese, wheel or wedge,at room temperature
- 1 (6 ounce) bag honey-roasted almonds, chopped
- 1Combine all the salsa ingredients in a small saucepan and simmer together over medium low heat, stirring gently, for only 3 to 5 minutes to incorporate the flavors, then remove and chill for at least 90 minutes (you can make this the day before, as well).
- 2Use a sharp knife to skim and remove the soft white layer from the top of the brie.
- 3Place brie on a microwave-safe serving dish and microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute, depending on the power of your appliance, to soften the cheese (be careful- you don't want it to be runny).
- 4Pour the chilled raspberry salsa over the entire top, letting it run down the sides.
- 5Sprinkle the chopped honey roasted almonds over the top, serve with crackers or bread rounds, and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Smoky Party Brie
Serving Size: 1 (1340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4140.7
- Calories from Fat 3040
- Total Fat 337.8 g
- Saturated Fat 166.4 g
- Cholesterol 908.8 mg
- Sodium 7214.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 32.4 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 222.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: