1/4 Photos of Sweet and Savory Vegetable Stuffed Chicken
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This is a recipe that comes from the lovely ingredients Tigerduck gave us for RSC #9. As a result my family enjoyed a vegetable stuffed chicken instead of stuffing with bread. A side of roasted potatoes cooked together with the chicken added to the ease of this recipe, as I am for easy peasy recipes after working all day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large white potatoes, cut into wedges (or 4 med)
- 4 ounces baby carrots
- 1 (3 -4 lb) roasting chickens
- 1 large white onion, cut in 1/4-inch slices
- 1 whole tomato, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper, spice
- 1Wash chicken inside and out, discard or save innards.
- 2In bowl mix together cinnamon, tomato, orange zest, ½ of onion slices, and baby carrots.
- 3In fry pan melt butter and sauté above ingredients minus chicken until onions are golden or semi translucent. Onions should still be firm, slightly softened.
- 4Stuff chicken with sautéed veggies, place in roasting pan.
- 5Arrange potato wedges around chicken.
- 6Place remaining onion slices on top of potatoes.
- 7Add ½ cup water to pan.
- 8Sprinkle salt, garlic powder and lemon pepper spice over chicken and potatoes.
- 9Place in oven, cover with foil, cook 350°F for 75 minutes.
- 10Check for doneness, time may need adjustment (see note).
- 11Take foil off last 15 minutes to brown skin.
- 12NOTE: I use a propane oven and propane burns higher than a gas or electric oven. I usually start checking at the 60 minute time when cooking and.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet and Savory Vegetable Stuffed Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 641.4
- Calories from Fat 341
- Total Fat 37.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 168.0 mg
- Sodium 1076.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 41.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: