Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Normal sweet cornbread with an added bite from onions, cheddar, and jalapeno pepper. Definitely a crowd pleaser.
- 2 (8 ounce) boxes Jiffy cornbread mix
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 8 ounces sour cream
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Grease two 8" cake pans, and line with parchment paper.
- Combine Mix, eggs, and milk in large bowl, combine until smooth.
- Add pepper, cheese, onion, garlic and sour cream to mixture.
- Pour into two pans.
- Cook for 25 min, or until toothpick comes out clean when removed.
Very good cornbread, just enough kick from the jalapeno. We enjoyed this with a bowl of chili and will be making it again soon! (Made and reviewed for Pick A Chef 2007)