Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Tops courtesy of Shady Brook Farms. You can use apricot jam in place of the preserves.
- 2 -3 lbs shady brook farms ground turkey
- 1⁄3 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup crushed pineapple, plus
- 1⁄3 cup crushed pineapple, set aside
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- metal skewer
- In a medium bowl, combine turkey, bread crumbs, egg, onion, ginger, black pepper and drained 1/3 cup crushed pineapple. Mix well. Shape into 28 meatballs about 1-1/4" round. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Thread meatballs on skewers, alternating with red, yellow and green peppers. Place on broiler pan.
- In a small saucepan, warm butter, additional crushed pineapple with juice and apricot preserves just until preserves melt. Mix well. Brush sauce over kabobs.
- Broil 4 to 6" from heat for 15 to 20 minutes. Turning once and basting with sauce.