Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These party pleasers are also mouth-watering tossed over a warm salad, casserole, or a roasted vegetable dish.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb pecan halves or 1 lb walnut pieces (4 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup white corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt or 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- coarse raw sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees, usung about 2 tablespoons butter, generously butter a 15x10x1-inch baking pan,set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together the nuts, grandulated sugar, corn syrup, salt, and pepper until well combined; spread in prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and bubbly, stirring once or twice; remove from oven; sprinkle generously with raw sugar; toss to coat.
- Transfer mixture to a large piece of foil (Release foil works great), cool completly about 30 minutes; break apart to serve.
- Store nuts in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks or in freezer container in freezer up to 3 months.
I recently took this mix to a party and it was a big hit. I cut the recipe in half and left off the raw sugar, then I mixed in 1 cup of dried cranberries and 1 cup of M&M's. I lined a baking sheet with non-stick foil and used it to bake the mix and let it cool. People told me it was the best "gourmet gorp" they had ever eaten.
Sweet and salty, what a combination! Followed directions to the letter, except for the corn syrup I used sorghum syrup. These nuts are delicious and I had a hard time keeping from eating more than I should. Thanks Barb!