Recipe by SweetySJD
I have not tried these but they sound interesting. It was recommended that they are served with 'Instead of Ketchup'.
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 0.5 (16 ounce) package prepared polenta, cut crosswise
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped (parsley works too)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, salt, cumin, chili powder, and cayenne; set aside.
- Cut polenta lengthwise in 6 thin slices; cut each slice lengthwise into 4 strips.
- Toss polenta strips in flour to coat.
- In a skillet heat oil over medium-high heat, add polenta strips.
- Cook 7-8 minutes stirring occasionally, until golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Place fries in a bowl with sugar mixture and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with the red pepper and basil.
- Serve immediately or keep warm on a baking sheet in 325 degree oven for up to 20 minutes.