Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Better Homes and Gardens' "Meals with a Foreign Flair". This Swedish sauce can be served with meat or over Swedish pancakes. Posted for ZWT 3.
- Drain berries, wash and pick out any leaves.
- Place berries in saucepan; add water and heat to boiling.
- Add sugar; stir to dissolve. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Place saucepan in cold water; stir sauce for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve warm if using for pancakes, chill if serving with meat.
I served this with Smoked salmon and crackers at a holiday party. Very big hit!
Wow, this was worth the quest to find the lingonberries, we loved it! After making the sauce, I mixed a little of it with butter and served the Swedish pancakes with lingonberry butter and lingonberry sauce. Absolutely divine!