Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe comes from Good Food From Sweden cookbook.
- 12 medium green tomatoes
- 3 cups water
- 1 1⁄4 cups vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 5 cups sugar
- 10 whole cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried chili
- Prick the tomatoes all over with a fork.
- place them in a large bowl.
- mix the water and vinegar together, bring to a boil, pour the boiling liquid over the tomatoes and let the tomatoes stand for 24 hours.
- to make the pickle syrup, boil all the syrup ingredients together until clear--about 15 minutes.
- drain the tomatoes, add them to the syrup and simmer until they are tender.
- remove the tomatoes and put them into hot sterilized jars.
- if the syrup has not thickened, boil it a little longer before pouring it over the tomatoes.
- close the jars.
- process for 20 minutes.
- good food from sweden.